DSL VX230V modem issue

C1311
Switched-on
1 Reply 3175 Views

Hi Everyone,

I recently signed up to SGL internet and I’m having issues getting setup. My apartment building has NBN fibre to the basement. I have a TP-Link VX230V modem that I have from my previous internet provider(it’s unlocked).

I connected the modem to the DSL port, set the modem up and did a quick setup. It asks for PPoPE info but my account number doesn’t work for the username and password.

I can’t get any internet connection whatsoever to my modem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 3168 Views

Hi @C1311, if you're using PPPoE, give the below a try:

If you’re asked to enter a PPPoE username and password during your internet setup, follow these steps:

1. Try leaving the username and password fields blank and continuing.
  2. If leaving the fields blank does not work, enter the letters ACC followed by your AGL internet account number for both username and password. For example, ACC123456.
  3. If you still can’t connect, contact us.
gmkfak
Switched-on
1 Reply 3155 Views

My modem keeps preventing me from logging in again after a few minutes of inactivity. It says unable to light in. I have to reboot the modem and then I can login again

magicmike
Superconductor
1 Reply 3143 Views

actually thats the same issue ive noticed and asked for the latest firmware.

ive noticed after the modem is up and running for a while, (maybe a day or less) i can not access the modem

webpage any more. it comes up with a error that it can't connect.

however the modem is still working fine (eg wifi works, web browsing etc)

AGL support do you have a fix for this?

magicmike
Superconductor
0 Replies 3122 Views

ok i think i may have found the issue.

you will have to disable remote management in the administration menu.

It seems this is enabled by default and is what causes the issue.

magicmike_0-1690184903375.png