Is the DNS static?

Hargrave
Switched-on
1 Reply 635 Views

Hi,

I'm having trouble setting up DDNS via the Eero router I purchased.  The settings appear to be alright on the Eero side, but I can't connect when out of range of the WiFi (which is the point of the DDNS).  Can anyone help with information or settings I can try?

1 REPLY 1
Johnmoeller
Switched-on
0 Replies 609 Views

@Hargrave wrote:

Hi,

I'm having trouble setting up DDNS via the Eero router I purchased.  The settings appear to be alright on the Eero side, but I can't connect when out of range of the WiFi (which is the point of the DDNS).  Can anyone help with information or settings I can try?

Hello,

If you are having trouble setting up DDNS on your Eero router, there are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue. First, ensure that you have enabled DDNS in the Eero settings and entered the correct DDNS provider credentials. Verify that your DDNS provider is supported by Eero. Next, confirm that your Eero router is properly connected to the internet and that there are no firewall or port forwarding restrictions blocking DDNS updates.

Regarding the DNS, DDNS (Dynamic Domain Name System) is not static; it allows you to associate a dynamic IP address assigned by your internet service provider with a hostname. This enables you to access your network remotely using a fixed domain name even when your IP address changes. DDNS is especially useful if you have a dynamic IP address, which can change periodically.

To troubleshoot further, you can try rebooting your Eero router and check if the DDNS settings update correctly. If the issue persists, contact Eero support for assistance or consult their documentation for specific setup instructions.

I hope the information may helps you.