Can't activate SIM

simonwildcat
Conductor
5 Replies 19347 Views

My new mobile sim arrived yesterday, so I followed the instructions and went to agl.com.au/activate sim, clicked the button and logged into my account.

However, there are no further prompts or anything relating to mobile except a mobile icon and:

"You’ll also see details for your other AGL services"

How to proceed? 

17 REPLIES 17
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
3 Replies 17710 Views

Hi @simonwildcat,

Sorry for the confusion here - we're working to improve those instructions right now.

Once you've clicked the button to log in, you'll need to go to the "Mobile" section on the overview page and the click ACTIVATE SIM CARD.

Let me know if you have any further issues there.

simonwildcat
Conductor
1 Reply 17708 Views

I don't SEE any "mobile section" on the overview page. All I see is my gas account and electricity account. There is an icon of a mobile phone underneath and the words: "You'll also see details for your other AGL services"

I can't click on that icon, and there are no other options in the page. There is no way to activate my SIM inside my account when I log in. If I go back to the 'activate sim' page, I end up back on my account page again with no changes.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 17701 Views

Ah, I see. In that case it sounds like there may be a technical issue with your account - Sorry about that.  You can give us a call and activate over the phone.

simonwildcat
Conductor
1 Reply 17687 Views

After much mucking about, I found the activation thing myself. It was underneath my GAS account when I clicked on that! 

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 17673 Views

That's very odd.  If you have a screenshot of the SIM activation option being under the gas account, I can flag this as a bug with the tech team.

Glad you finally managed to get it resolved, and I apologize for the poor experience and wait times.

simonwildcat
Conductor
1 Reply 17670 Views

See it's sitting under my Gas account. The only reason I found it was because I was checking my gas bill!

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 4.45.39 pm.png

ksphoenix137
Switched-on
2 Replies 17658 Views

Thank you for explaining where you found it - I had the same bug!

simonwildcat
Conductor
0 Replies 17655 Views

Good to hear my frustration wasn't for naught!

kym1
Switched-on
0 Replies 17622 Views

I am having trouble trying to activate a new sim card. Im logged in and can only see my gas and my mobile (another account I already have) but there are no prompts to activate a new one that Im trying to set up, with a previous number