Refunds by cheque

Anngst
Conductor
2 Replies 4306 Views

Why do you send refund cheque instead of simply crediting my bank account?  

10 REPLIES 10
NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 4110 Views

@Anngst,

Good question to AGL.

I suppose they have not heard that cheques are going to be obsolete in the next few years.

Maybe because instead of doing a pay anyone that occurs in a few minutes with most banks they can wait why the bank takes 7 days to process the cheque (even though you may bank with Westpac) they can add to their extra profit for the year.

Lets wait for the answer..

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
Anngst
Conductor
0 Replies 4099 Views

and add to that the extra 7 days between raising cheque and delivery to customer

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
2 Replies 4094 Views

Hi @Anngst - you'll only receive a credit refund via cheque if you haven't arranged to receive them directly to your bank account (or if you've paid via Australia Post.)

For more information on receiving credit refunds and getting set up to receive them automatically, take a look at https://www.agl.com.au/help-support/energy/billing-and-payments/payments/request-a-refund-or-credit

The easiest way to get a refund is to shoot us a message via the AGL app or your My Account page

Anngst
Conductor
1 Reply 4093 Views
Thanks David,
but every time I click on your "send message" your site sends me back to
my home page. no option to send a message that I can see.

Guess I'll have to phone - as usual.
Anngst
Conductor
1 Reply 4089 Views

Hi Again David

I have just spoken with a lovely lady named Mel at AGL. She advised me that refunds can NOT be AUTOMATICALLY credited to my bank account but that I need to CALL AGL each time and request the refund.  Which is different to what your message implies. So who is correct?  If it is you, please let me know what I need to do. Just realised your "Leave a message" probably only works from phones and your Chatbot is useless as it only answers very specific questions.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 4084 Views

@Anngst are you a solar user? If so, you'll be able to receive credits automatically.

If not, you will need to get in touch each time - but you don't need to call. There'll be much less waiting if you send through a message on the app or My Account

You're correct that the chat bot on our messaging is limited to handling more common queries, but you can always request to get in touch with a human agent.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 4082 Views

When you say it sends you back to your home page, do you mean your My Account overview page? If so, you should see a "Message" icon in the bottom right. Let me know if you're not seeing it.

Anngst
Conductor
0 Replies 4075 Views
Thanks David.
I see the message icon now.
Not in a very obvious spot though.
Perhaps the website should tell customers where to look.
Cheers
Anngst
Conductor
1 Reply 4074 Views
Hi David.

Apparently we are now all set up to receive automatic refunds to our
bank account - according to the Resolutions Manager - after I submitted a
complaint feedback.

Thanks for your help.