Latest price rise / dropping feed in tariff

Tallpaul
Switched-on
10 Replies 6885 Views

Finding it strange that electricy  prices are rising,  but feed in tariffs are dropping seems very one sided to me

18 REPLIES 18
MarkTeeee
Switched-on
1 Reply 2296 Views

Who was the idiot who approved a 20% increase in Tariffs but ZERO, I repeat ZERO, change in the solar power tariff? I think we should be given their name so that the media can ask what the fxxk? Someone has too, as my asking will just be ignored as if I don’t matter

_Mark_
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 2273 Views

Hi @MarkTeeee, I'm sorry if you've been badly affected by the price change. Currently, there is a lot of solar energy being supplied to the grid (both rooftop and grid-scale) during daylight hours which means wholesale electricity prices are lower and sometimes even negative at these times. Consequently, the true value of solar exports can be lower, and this can be one of the factors that reflect the price retailers pay for your solar exports. 

If you want to make sure you're on the best plan for you, you can reach out to us here so we can take a look for you. Thanks- Mark

Yjerr
Switched-on
0 Replies 2283 Views

don’t waste time sending us emails for money off woollies- Big W ect 

your paying someone to do this while our bills are going up but not our feed in.. 5c a kilowatt is pathetic 

I put in 3 times what I use and still have a bill .. I’m a widow living in my own I can’t understand why you’re making so much profit and putting prices up while others companies are struggling… 

PungaPunga
Switched-on
0 Replies 2268 Views

Why AGL or even Ausgrid install small battery farms at every local grid station, to store excess solar power and supply back at night? Private companies with large solar farms should also store power locally and supply later at peak usage time. use some brains battery costs have come down significantly, 

this excuse about excess solar does not stack up, since this issue has been around for more than 10 years, and was anticipated long ago.

just goes to show incompetence and collusion to rip people off for essential energy need.

Michael_2323
Semiconductor
1 Reply 2256 Views

I think if possible you are better to change to the flat rate (no peak, off peak or shoulder) just the same price all day. If you are home during the day do all the  high power usage things while you are generating your own paper. Retirees cook your main meal in the middle of the day. It’s hard to beat them but a few simple things can mitigate the costs. 

if you have solar hot water turn off the booster when ever you are away. I’m not always home so the nights I am going to be away I turn the booster off. Summer time I leave the booster off generally from a September to late April / May 

Use LED lighting where possible. 

heated throw rugs are great to keep you warm and cost very little to run. 

we should not have to do all these things with our abundance of resoures but our governments are hell bent on this climate madness. 

electricity is a necessity but it is becoming a luxury. Bring on the blackouts of the late 70’s and 80’s and make the government federal and various states squirm. 

Michael_2323
Semiconductor
0 Replies 2256 Views

Well said 

Jaybeff51
Switched-on
0 Replies 2246 Views

Hi Michael, exactly what I have just done ie. got rid of TOU and changed back to single rate. Don't care about the miserly 5.2 FIT. Will be using as much electricity as possible during the day and hopefully cost bugger all or very little. Soon going to get rid of the gas HWS as well. And probably EV in the future. And if I find a better deal elsewhere in the future AGL will get the boot. By the way I have a 10Kw system and retired couple at home only. Cheers!

davidbrettig
Switched-on
0 Replies 1548 Views

agree, Im not even sure its legal. They are stealing free power and treating those  customers who invested heavily differently

NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 1544 Views

@David_AGL 

We need at first to get rid of the amounts that the Government Paid when Solar First was introduced.

AGL now only pays either YOUR SOLAR REBATE or the amount listed as your Feed In Tariff, BUT NOT BOTH.

It has me amazed as well.

In SA we are paying $0.56 for Peak Power and $0.34  for shoulder and $0.37 for OffPeak.

Yet in QLD people are paying no more than $0.25 for any power.

My solar generated is paying me 15 Cents for the first 14kW  put back in to the grid and then 5cents afterwards.

AGL owns THE POWER STATION in SA and yet, besides supplying the BASE LOAD power for SA they make an awful amount of money from any SA AGL Solar Generators.

The price that is paid to SEG's ( Small Electricity Generators) should be  20% less than the cost of Shoulder Prices.

So in your state you should look at that, in SA that should be $0.34 * 80% ($0.27c) yet I have never got more than 20 cents.

No fuss has been made but AGL has been building solar batteries in SA at TAX PAYERS expense.

You may also ask, why can't we get a tax deduction for the amount of power we put back into the grid.

A SEG licence should be able to get a tax deduction once the Cost minus Income reaches the Purchase price as similar to any business can obtain.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.