Westernport bay our Ramsar Listed Wetland

Dynamo

Considering that Victoria is already a net exporter of gas,  AGL could you explain why have you chosen a Ramsar-listed wetland site as the preferred location for this project? 

Re: Westernport bay our Ramsar Listed Wetland

Starter

Not only for the residents of the Mornington Peninsula but planet wide this proposal is very bad indeed. I have written to the Victorian Planning Minister and received an answer that included the requirements for AGL to meet environmental guidelines and given what is publically known about this project the company will not be able to meet them. 

In a rapidly changing world this project is last century and has no place in this time.

Starter

I would also like to know why you have chosen this precious unique and Ramsar Listed site- can you not take it somewhere else less vulnerable?

AGL Community Manager

I've moved this thread into the Gas Import Jetty discussion group.

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.

AGL Employee

Hi @KerryRainer,

This was posted in the AGL General forum, we have a dedicated forum for questions related to Gas Import Jetty and Pipeline Project.

Others have asked the same question, you can find discussion on this here.

Thanks,

Lachlan

Tags (2)

AGL Employee

Hi @HeidiT,

Thank you for taking the time to post. We are sorry it has taken us this long to respond, this was posted in our general forum, we have a dedicated forum for the Gas Import Jetty and Pipeline Project which we will move it over to.

Others in the community have asked why we chose Crib Point as the location for our project. If you would like to join the conversation, this question is being discussed here.

Thanks,

Lachlan

Tags (2)