What's New

Keep up-to-date with the latest news and features relating to your AGL online account and digital services.

Keep up-to-date with the latest news and features relating to your AGL online account and digital services.

Highlighted

AGL Skill for Amazon Alexa | Discussion and Feedback Thread

Community Manager

Hi Community,

Welcome to the AGL Skill for Amazon Alexa thread!

This is the place to discuss the AGL Skill for Amazon Alexa. Share your experience, participate in discussions, provide feedback or ask any questions you may have about the service. We'll also keep you up to date here with any new features or enhancements.

Not sure what the AGL Skill is or how to set up? Click here for more information and FAQs.

4 REPLIES

Re: AGL Skill for Amazon Alexa | Discussion and Feedback Thread

Hello, I'm trying to set up the AGL skill and I'm getting the message "You are not eligible to enable this skill due to geographical restrictions".  I'm on Amazon.com.au, and I've just set up a new amazon account in Australia too.  Any ideas?

Community Manager

Hi andywilliams, 

Welcome to the Community! 

We're happy to see you are trying out this new service, thanks for joining the thread. We are looking into this for you and will come back to you with a response. As the AGL Skill is only available in Australia, and if you have all your settings within Amazon set to AU, we'll need to dive deeper. Keep checking back for details and let us know if you have any further details.

Cheers,

Sam

Employee

Hi @andywilliams 

It appears as if you may not have set your country to Australia in your Amazon account. Please follow the link below to help you resolve this issue.

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=202205900... 

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Leigh

Newcomer

Now customers can get information about their accounts such as account balance, bill due date, historical bills and usage cost. They can also switch to e-billing and arrange a payment extension, plus they can get over 70 energy saving tips for around the home simply by saying 'Alexa, ask AGL for an energy saving tip'. More features are being developed every week. So keep checking in and trying out these new features. 

Visit agl.com.au/alexaskill to view our Alexa Skill demo video which shows you how to use the AGL Skill for Alexa enabled devices.