Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

solar command

Switched-on

Whilst going thru. all the AGL pages I came across one page which stated that the solar command comes as part of the new smart meter installation at no extra cost. AGL doesn't seem to know anything about this. Does anybody know anything about this? Can't find the page anymore!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: solar command

Powerhouse

Hi Hanosi,

First I have heard of it, I do know though you can purchase it as an optional extra if you have solar etc.as that is were you gain the benefit.

If your in SA and signed up for the VPP, Virtual Power Plant, only available to SA then you get the meter, Solar Command and etc.

I wonder if your also confusing it with the AGL IQ, a fantastic piece of software that over time builds up to a history as well as daily stats showing how you are using your power? It's free and a great tool.

I hope this helps.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @hanosi

I will need to refer this question to our solar team to find out more information regarding the Solar Command at no extra cost. Can you please send me a private message with your account details and I will be able to investigate this.

You can monitor your energy usage and generation via our AGL IQ page, if you have not done so already you can register your account details.  

In the meantime, you can find out more information about Solar Command here

Thanks! 

Switched-on

I think the moderators answer is wrong. The new version of AGL IQ does not show any solar generation details .

@CatherineG wrote:

Hi @hanosi

I will need to refer this question to our solar team to find out more information regarding the Solar Command at no extra cost. Can you please send me a private message with your account details and I will be able to investigate this.

You can monitor your energy usage and generation via our AGL IQ page, if you have not done so already you can register your account details.  

Thanks! 

@CatherineG wrote:

Hi @hanosi

Thanks! 

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Shirl

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community. 

You can find out more information about how to monitor your solar generation here

Thanks! 

Switched-on

Do you have s link to this AGL page?