smart meters

Bockee
Switched-on
1 Reply 8123 Views

We have been waiting 6 months (on AGL wait list) to have a smart meter installed at our house so we can

have our energy from  our solar panels off set our electricity.  I have rung a number of times, and emailed but no one can tell me when the technicians are coming to our suburb!  6 months for service seems to be appalling service in anyones business wouldn't you think???

2 REPLIES 2
frustrated661
Switched-on
1 Reply 8106 Views

I was told a year ago that AGL were coming to install a digital meter(July 2016) 

STILL WAITING. Its a joke I have rung on so many occasions, even had an apointment set up for installation ( no one fronted) and have been told numerous times "it will be soon" 

Spoke to AGL today and was told there is not even a schedule for my area!

They dont seem to care , the operator today told me that since I have been waiting so long why dont I buy my own meter

What a JOKE. 

Jordanemm
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 8083 Views

Hi @Bockee and @frustrated661,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and apologies for the delayed response.

I am very sorry to hear about this ongoing delay and inconvenience that you have both experienced in trying to confirm your upgrade to a new meter. It sounds like you have both had extensive contact with AGL, but if not, our Digital Metering Team would be the best contact on 1300 669 245. However, if you have already tried this avenue, I would recommend sending your details through to our complaints team via email. Their direct address is complaints@agl.com.au. They will be able to get back in contact with you within 2 - 3 business days after receiving your email. 

Please let me know if there are any further questions you have.

Kindly, Jordan

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.