Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Why does it need to cost $165 in NSW for a smart meter to be recinfigured after solar panel installa

Switched-on

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Why does it need to cost $165 in NSW for a smart meter to be recinfigured after solar panel i...

AGL Moderator

Hi Nmr2212,

That's a fair question!

So that I can give you a relevant answer, can I first ask if you have a smart meter at your property currently?

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Re: Why does it need to cost $165 in NSW for a smart meter to be recinfigured after solar panel i...

Switched-on

HI Jayden,

Yes we do. Ive read on here others have had done remotely!! I wasn't offered that so I will be contacting AGL to see if that can be done.

AGL Moderator

Hi Nmr2212,

Thanks for clarifying!

There'll be no need to specify this - our system will pick this up automatically! The $165 fee quoted is worst case scenario and usually involves a technician physically attending your property. If this reconfiguration can be done remotely, the fee should be substantially less.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.