Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Re: Virtual Power Plant discussion thread

Switched-on

So according to my agl dashboard, my battery discharges to only 30% minimum. Doesn't go below 30%. thought that is a bit high, that is a lot of energy i am not able to use. I know i was told that lithium batteries need to have some power left in reserve, but 30% is a bit high. does anyone elses battery discharge lower than 30%. My battery use to go to 15% discharge when i first got the battery but not the case at the moment. cheers

Superconductor

My understanding is it can be changed by AGL depending on your circumstance.  If you have backup protection installed with your VPP, the discharge limit will be higher to ensure there is some capacity in the event of a blackout.

If you do not have blackout protection or you are willing to keep your system on manual bypass (manually activate your blackout protection if the power goes out) you  may be able to arrange for AGL to lower your discharge limit.

Have you had a chat with the VPP team regarding your 30% discharge limit? 

When I had the same question, a while back, they talked me through the options and the reasons that the discharge limit may change.

Switched-on

I came here hoping for some information, I - like many - paid last year and the last email I had was in december telling me the announcement was imminent. I have had my smart meter installed and since then .... nothing.

Have I missed something or is this the only place to find out what is happening?

Highlighted

Conductor

Good news - just received and email from AGL re the new batteries. Tesla  (13.5 kw) and LG Chem/SolarEdge (9.3 kw), dependent on site inspections etc etc

Conductor

@Mannywrote:

Good news - just received and email from AGL re the new batteries. Tesla  (13.5 kw) and LG Chem/SolarEdge (9.3 kw), dependent on site inspections etc etc

Great news indeed, I received email today. I;m no expert but looking through the spec's it would same worth the wait.

Helping to save our Mother Earth

Semiconductor

And hopefully quieter than the Sunverge unit.

23C in our double-brick double-car garage yesterday, and the battery system roared all day - really annoying!

Retired AGL Moderator

Hello Community and VVP participants,

Today we have released the announcement about our battery technology for AGL’s innovative Virtual Power Plant project, that gives eligible customers the opportunity to purchase solar battery technology at a heavily subsidised price.

For those of you already in the program, you will have received an email earlier today about what it means for you and next steps.

For those interested in learning more about the project visit our website to find out more.

Cheers,

Dave.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Semiconductor

Greetings, good to see clarification on the new options for the VPP hardware.

Would it be possible please to advise the model of SolarEdge inverter being offered, it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the announcement or online material.

Thanks

Conductor

I have just had a Solis 4G installed, waiting now for battery. Just hope results of SA Elections don't stuff this up...cheers

Conductor

Should have mentioned this was in addition to Sola River 3 kW already installed, so I have two inverters to meet required 5 kW