Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Re: Virtual Power Plant discussion thread

Neo
Switched-on

Any furthers News from AGL Vpp? Paid my deposit over a Year ago and all I've got it is coming. Kindly update. Thanks.

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hey Neo,

Welcome to the Community!

We appreciate your patience while we prepare to launch our next-generation hardware offering. We’re excited about the new hardware that we will be offering, and we’re expecting to make an announcement soon!

Thanks again for being a part of the VPP!

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Tags (1)

Neo
Switched-on

Hi Jayden,

Thanks for your response.  This is not an update as I've got the same story over and over again for nearly a year. 

It is not fair you keep the customer waiting especially if you took the deposit and have us move to AGL as the preferred provider in faith.

Neo

Conductor

September,  December,  January,  February...crickets. My VPP battey backup option has been switched off due to possible fire hazard since just after installation last February. Apparently will be fixed when battery is upgraded. In the meantime DC isolater was changed,  battery rebooted due to system issue yet still waiting for an announcement and the backup repair. $990 wasted so far, would have better off bying a portable petrol generator.  I appreciate the discounted price on the unit overall however it's been a disappointing experience so far, not what you'd expect from an industry leader. 

AGL Moderator

Hi Manny,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

We'd like to apologise for the delay in action here. We will be making an announcement soon about our next-generation hardware, and we will kindly ask for your patience until we do so. Please rest assured that there is no fire hazard related to your backup power system, and that your battery is still able to provide backup power in the event of an outage. 

Kind regards,

Jayden

Jo2
Switched-on

Hi Jayden

Unfortunately your response on 'making an announcement soon' does not cut it any more.  I like many other AGL customers have been told 'soon' for many months now.  Surely AGL are in a position to say it will be in X months time or at worst something better than 'soon'. Im sure everybody would be happier if there was some sort of estimate, even if it was say 6-9 months rather than soon.  

Perhaps the AGL Customer / Public relations department need to dust off the text books and start engaging their customers.

Are you able to improve on soon?

Conductor

Hi to all.

I was contacted last year Re: VPP I quickly signed up being limited offer, at this stage nothing has happend other than a noification via email of some change and delay and I indicated my interest again other than that nothing!.

Two weeks ago I recieved a sms informing me that a meter would be installed within the next 10 days at a cost, I quiried the meter and was told it would be a smart meter, Ummm I already have one I said. I would just like to know what is happening.

My home was inspected for installation last year it was given the thumbs up, I laid the concrete slab...at this stage I'm beginning to think....It isn't going to happen.

Helping to save our Mother Earth

AGL Moderator

Hey Kurnalpi,

Thanks you for your post.

We appreciate your patience throughout this process, and we'd like to assure that we're in the stages of finalising our next generating technology, so things are definitely happening!

If you'd like a member of our VPP team to touch base with your, please feel free to send me a private message including your AGL account number and email address and we'll arrange a call for you.

Cheers,

Jayden.

Switched-on

I share your pain manny..

A year on, would be interesting to know how the VPP trials have gone. I'm not aware of my system has supported the network via the VVP. Can't wait for the free upgrade though, certainly the tesla battery seems to be a much superior battery, 100% discharge depth, unlimited cycle warrantee with 70% retention after 10 years. Let’s hope the new battery will be of similar standard and quality.

Conductor

Over two weeks since my last phone contact where I was advised an announcement was imminent. I'm beginning to think that the SA state election is holding things up with AGL waiting to see who wins. If it's not Labor  I suspect we'll be on hold for a lot longer...