Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Re: Typical Solar production vs usage pattern

Newcomer

Chris24 said - 25/1 graph states solar generation 23.98.  My reading 30kw 

At a guess your solar system produced 30kWh but of that 6kwH was used consumed by you so the net meter registers the 23kW that was exported  (generated - used). On 26/1 your usage was greater (perhaps because your weekend usage is greater)

My system's overview reports the following (for 25/1) :-

• 49.8 kilowatt-hours produced (not seen/known by AGL)
  • Approximately 27 kWh exported to grid (what AGL get to see)

• 37.8 kilowatt-hours consumed (not seen/known by AGL)
  • Approximately 15 kWh imported from grid (what AGL get to see)

AGL Usage for 25/1 shows :-
  • 15.18 consumed (aka imported from grid) and
  • 26.99 generated (exported to the grid)
 As you can see it pretty accurate and I've recorded/compared both for a number of weeks now and can confirm that it appears to be as accurate throughout.
note :- not all systems will show consumption/usage

Re: Typical Solar production vs usage pattern

Player

Cant understand why graph on my account 22nd feb indicates I bought back 80,kw from grid when all I used was ceiling fan whilst asleep and fridge on. Solar produced close to 20kw that day. No way I used 80kw midnight to 7am - or at any other time during day. Was out part of it and only used ceiling fan and fridge on. Ive never consumed that much energy on any day or night. 

Thank you. 

Solar production, buy back graph on my account

Player

Cant understand why graph on my account 22nd feb indicates I bought back 80,kw from grid when all I used was ceiling fan whilst asleep and fridge on. Solar produced close to 20kw that day. No way I used 80kw midnight to 7am - or at any other time during day. Was out part of it and only used ceiling fan and fridge on. Ive never consumed that much energy on any day or night. 

Thank you.