Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Re: Typical Solar production vs usage pattern

Superconductor

Cant understand why graph on my account 22nd feb indicates I bought back 80,kw from grid when all I used was ceiling fan whilst asleep and fridge on. Solar produced close to 20kw that day. No way I used 80kw midnight to 7am - or at any other time during day. Was out part of it and only used ceiling fan and fridge on. Ive never consumed that much energy on any day or night. 

Thank you. 

Solar production, buy back graph on my account

Superconductor

Cant understand why graph on my account 22nd feb indicates I bought back 80,kw from grid when all I used was ceiling fan whilst asleep and fridge on. Solar produced close to 20kw that day. No way I used 80kw midnight to 7am - or at any other time during day. Was out part of it and only used ceiling fan and fridge on. Ive never consumed that much energy on any day or night. 

Thank you. 

Superconductor

On my account graph, I was charged for 20kw buy back from grid and produced over 18.6kw 24th feb. I wasnt home at all , only had fridge running. Everything else turned off at wall. So I fail to see why I have 20kw buy back from grid.

I notice credit on total has stopped being added to and just credited to useage credit  amount which is the tiny amount $ I dont understand.

Is amount shown in amount due an accumulative amount?? 

Thank you.

Kind regards

Superconductor

10th march 2019, my solar produced 28.3kw, yet no solar to grid recorded on graph on my account and would cover energy used.

Dont understand how 20kw could be used when only ceiling fan and fridge operating of a night when asleep.

Thank you.

Highlighted

Superconductor

Jayden

Why is it that the graph on my account isnt consistent with indication of solar fed into grid? My system produces every day, yet the graph doesnt show solar fed into grid,no matter kw fed into grid abd aware it will make difference to my bill. Bill anticipate will be accurate and not an estimate. . I have an,app that reads solar fed into grid which I check on daily basis and make note of it.

Its very frustrating and annoying the update and indication of solar fed into grid isn't always shown.  I understand the graph is always a day behind.  

Can you advise please?

Thank you.  Much appreciated.

AGL Moderator

Hi Chris24,

Thank you for your post.

I'll ask that you send me a quick private message by clicking on my handle (jaydeny) with screenshots of these discrepancies and your AGL account number so that I can lend a hand.

Cheers,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Superconductor

On 29 march on my account, graph does not show any solar input to grid once again,  yet solar input was 29.6kw. Why is this?? I fail to see why solar input not always shown on graph.

Next bill useage  will be interesting to see various readings/information. 

Thank you. 

Tags (1)

Superconductor

On 29 march on my account, graph does not show any solar input to grid once again,  yet solar input was 29.6kw. Why is this?? I fail to see why solar input not always shown on graph.

Next bill useage  will be interesting to see various readings/information. 

Thank you. 

Superconductor

31st March 2018 solar fed into grid 34.8kw yet no solar shown on graph in my account.

This more than covers my useage, once again. 

Cannot understand why graph on my account so unreliable which is very disappointing and very frustrating.

Thank you.

Conductor

Hi Chris24 I also have written about the discrepancies between my readings and AGL's reading but not as much as yours only 1-4 k/w on both feed in and power used. But it seems jaydeny is right onto it for you, maybe because it was such a large difference. There is a lot to get use to with every one with different systems and different parts of the country and maybe even different positioning on roof.

My input was just to get information from others not so much to complain I am quite happy with my 4.3 system in Queensland. My post was Discrepancy between solar power generation and the AGL app. maybe it and the replies can help you.

Regards

Kim