Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Switching On Solar

Switched-on

At the end of 2015, we moved into a block of units that have solar panels installed on the roof.  Since we've been here though, our electricity bills have been massive - about $150+ a quarter more than they were at our old unit; even though we're doing the same sort of things with the same sort of frequency here as we were there.  Looking at the most recent bill, the meter read for the solar was exactly the same at the beginning as it was at the end; so it appears that for some reason our solar is not switched on and operational.  As we have never lived in a place with solar energy before, we have not the slightest clue as to how to switch on our solar panels so they start working to reduce our electricity usage and bill.  Help please!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Switching On Solar

AGL Moderator

Hi @CatLover74

We would be happy to help! Pop us a private message at your earliest convenience and we'll take a look and get our solar team involved. 

Re: Switching On Solar

Powerhouse

Hi cat lover,

Just thinking out loud, I would check with other unit holders to ascertain what is going on first, like who installed it and who actually is allowed to use it.

Just because you see solar panels that does not mean you get any rights or benefits to use it, of course I could be barking up the wrong tree here but you don't give much away as to the actual circumstances - solar is generally on permantly, you don't sort of switch it on and off, perhaps the owner of the units had itnstalled for their own benefit and they are connected to it only, quite possible. Like I said, talk to the other unit holders and/or the actual owner.

Rob 

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.