Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Highlighted

Solar panel batteries

Switched-on

Hi may name is Derek and I invested in solar panels about 5 years ago and I am intersted in how to maximise the investment in the future

I currently have 5Kw solar power (21 panels) connected to the grid via Origin via the NSW Government 60c per kWh which I understand ends in 2017. would it make sense at that time to install one of your batteries to maximise savings form my sloar panels.

Cheers

1 REPLY 1

Re: Solar panel batteries

AGL Expert

@Derek wrote:

Hi may name is Derek and I invested in solar panels about 5 years ago and I am intersted in how to maximise the investment in the future

I currently have 5Kw solar power (21 panels) connected to the grid via Origin via the NSW Government 60c per kWh which I understand ends in 2017. would it make sense at that time to install one of your batteries to maximise savings form my sloar panels.

Cheers

@Derek

Until your premium-feed-in tarriff ends then you will be much better off continuing to receive 60c/kWh. Once that ends then batteries will help you continue to save on your power bill. We look forward to helping you select and install an energy storage solution when the time comes.