Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Solar command

Switched-on

Is the Solar command good. 

I think $15/month a bit steep for monitoring.  Or is that to pay for the device over the 24 month term. If so when the 24 month is over is it a free service or do still have to pay the $15/month.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Solar command

AGL Moderator

Hey Lampe,

Thank you for your post!

Solar Command is a subscription service, so the $15/month fee would still be payable even after the initial 24-month contract period. If you'd like to find out more, you can find our Solar Command page here.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Conductor

Hi.

I have Solar Command as part of the service of the AGL battery, I do not pay for it as it is free.

I would not pay even $5 a month for this piece if junk software as a service.

Thank you/.

Hope AGL listening

AGL Moderator

Hey shueardm1,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Solar Command!

We appreciate the feedback that you have provided and confirm that this has been forwarded to the developers for future reference.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Conductor

No problem at all, however I now feel compelled to elaborate

I figure the only good thing about the software is the ability to "check" the power draw of specific appliances . So , if the Air Conditioner is turned on at 3 pm you can see exactly how much it draws on the graph........... OH WAIT, you can only see some of the spike of the draw when you have three phase power because only one phase is monitored.....

But at least you can see your estimated savings over the PV or battery lifetime....... except that when the Feed In Tarriff or the peak rate changes pricing what happens to historical estimated savings? All of a sudden you have years of innacurate estimations!!

The day to day and weekly usage total would be accurate then surely??? hmm, no because they forgot to monitor the 'controlled load meter " so all electric hot water is not factored in WHAT SO EVER

Good thing you can choose a  time range to get the total generation or usage like between 6am and 12 pm - oops, no you zoom the graph but get no actual "TOTALS" figures to accompany the peak value.

Surely the battery capacity status is accurate right? Only when you first login, it does not update until the next time you logout and in again.

So what can you actually do with the Solar Command? Generally you can stare at pretty colours on graphs, it's great for that,.

AGL Moderator

Hey shueardm1,

Thank you for elaborating on your experiences using our Solar Command service! We always appreciate any detailed feedback that we can get, as this enables us to make changes to our platforms for the benefit of our customers. 

Kind regards,

Jayden