Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Highlighted

Solar command "total consupmtion"

Superconductor

Does the "Total consumption" in Solar Command include off peak/J tarrif draw of my hot water service?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Solar command "total consupmtion"

Conductor

No because it's stupid. Solar Command has massive failings, this is just one of those failings

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Woodunn

Thank you for your post! Total consumption does indeed include the draw from your hot water service. We will not consider the separate tariffs that would be applicable, but in terms of consumption it would be included.

For your reference, the 'total consumption' display is the gross amount of electricity consumed from both the solar power system and from the grid as measured by the monitoring device. It is measured in different increments and by a different device to your electricity meter so the figures shown here may differ from those on your electricity bill or other electricity usage monitoring system. 

I hope this answers your question 🙂

Kindly, Dave

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Conductor

Wrong

In that case AGL please come and fix mine as it does not show my controlled load

More likely Dave you just don't have the right answer.

Superconductor

Thanks for your response Dave. 

Since I posted this question I beleive I may have found the answer.  I wrapped my own monitoring C/T around the mains feed and another around the "Controlled Load" for my hot water service and it seems that Solar command is NOT collecting consumption of this circuit.

When my HWS kicks in, it draws over 3.5kW which does not report in Solar Command as consumption.  

I noted that the C/Ts for my VPP/Solar command are placed around my solar feed and the general feed to my switchboard.  There is no reference point for the controlled load (unless this is done through the smart meter)

Regards

Ron

Superconductor

Does the total consumption figure include the household use taken direct from the Solar panels production?

Dave

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Dave, thanks for bearing with me on the answer here. Total consumption is the gross amount of electricity produced from both the solar power system and from the grid, as measured by the monitoring device. Hope that answers your question! Thanks, Dave.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.