Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Solar System Limit

Switched-on

Hi,

Can I please have a definitive answer on whether the 10kW restriction for solar systems is set to the panels or to the inverter? 

The documentation is extremely unclear and there's obviously been multiple posts in this forum - with conflicting information given by what I can only assume are AGL employees. People have described calling AGL and being told different answers, which is mind boggling. 

This isn't a hard thing to clarify, can we please have some official documentation provided. By strict definition on your own website as I've provided below, capacity is "The capacity of a solar power system is commonly its output in optimal circumstances". This mean's if the panels (regardless of their size) are limited by an 8kW inverter, the capacity of the system is 8kW because that's all it can ever produce in optimal circumstances.

https://www.agl.com.au/solar-renewables/solar-energy/things-to-consider/glossary-of-solar-terms

WayneSolar_0-1607633450367.png

As this issue has been ongoing for months, can this please be elevated to be resolved as quickly as possible? I don't think a response to this post would suffice, there needs to be clear and concise official documentation around the specifics of this element of the Contract. I'm extremely surprised that AGL have left this element of a Contract so open to interpretation.