Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Highlighted

Solar Feed In Tariff

Switched-on

I have noticed again that the solar feed in tariff has gone down.

To me this is not a good incentive for people to continue to buy solar panels or add to existing panels.

I know with my own system I generate more then half the Kw I use but you barely get anything back. Some other companies still have their tariffs at 12c per Kw. AGL is now down to 9.5c per Kw.

I feel that the green energy idea is slipping away slowly. Customers want incentives to buy solar & to have confidence in their provider that they are trying their best for green energy.

I thought I would just ask is anyone else feeling this way?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Solar Feed In Tariff

Switched-on

hi Mrs Mac

Yes our tariffs have gone down too and it is frustrating however it is not correct that the green energy idea is slipping away. In fact the reason for low tariffs is the opposite... tariffs are getting smaller because solar is getting cheaper and more popular, and energy costs overall are falling. High tariffs early on were an incentive to get people in to solar early even tho the cost was still high.

As this goes on tarriffs will probably keep getting smaller, but because the costs of solar overall are going down and fossil fuels will be more expensive it still means youll be making money on a solar investment within a few years