Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Smart meter reading different to inverter

Conductor

Hi iv just check my inverter reading against my agl IQ and my inverter is saying yesterday I generated 33.9kw were as my agl IQ adds up to only 32.89 this may not seem a lot but adds up fast over time 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Smart meter reading different to inverter

Conductor

Case in point I have just matched this months generated power IQ is saying 447kw inverter is saying 468kw

Conductor

Can a reply please

AGL Moderator

Hi Scooter29,

The figures on your inverter should essentially be updating in real-time, whereas the figures in AGL IQ typically update every 24-48 hours. This fact is likely to cause slight discrepancies in these figures, however it does not impact the accuracy of your billing.

If you've received a bill since your solar meter was installed, I'd encourage you to check the energy exported on this bill vs. energy exported as reported by your inverter for a true confirmation of accuracy.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Conductor

Yesterday being Sundays reading is not a slight discrepancy inverter is saying 35.9kw agl iq is say 26.17kw