Smart meter EDMI Atlas Mk7c

Dave
Superconductor
5 Replies 63965 Views

I wish to read my brand new smart meter but can't find any meaningful instructions.

What do the codes 03 & 13 tell me please. I guess they are export & import, but which is which.

Thanks,

Dave

29 REPLIES 29
Rob
Conductor
1 Reply 25987 Views

Hi Dave,

My codes (3,13) match yours.  I suspect they are all like this.  AGL's info page on how to read your meter should point out that the meter is labeled from the grid's perspective - not your house.

So, when 03 is labeled as Export, it's the power that AGL exported from the grid to your house (but from your perspective its what you imported from the grid to your house).

Opposite for 13.  Its labeled as solar production that was imported to the grid from your house (but again we would normally think of this as what we exported from our house to the grid!)

So, from your house's side of things, 03 is imported, 13 is exported. The opposite to the way its labeled on the meter.

Dave
Superconductor
1 Reply 25977 Views

Thanks for the explanation. How confusing though for those who like to study their meter. Assuming 1000's of these are eventually installed, why wouldn't the instructions supply better info on how to understand the codes.

For moderator,

Has the VPP team responded yet please?

Dave

CatherineG
Retired AGL Moderator
1 Reply 25968 Views

Hi @Dave

Have just sent you a private message about your VPP questions. 

Thanks!

Dave
Superconductor
0 Replies 25958 Views

Hi Catherine,

I replied via a private message. Just making sure you got it.

Dave

Richard
Stellar
0 Replies 25908 Views

Hi Catherine,

Unfortunately your post is incorrect for South Australia.

Please refer to my post:How to Read AGL Active Stream smart meters in South Australia

Cheers,

Richard

Richard
Stellar
1 Reply 25908 Views

Hi Dave,

I refer you to my post

How to read AGL Active Stream smart meters in South Australia

Cheers,

Richard

Dave
Superconductor
1 Reply 25786 Views

Hi Richard,

Thanks so much for your effort to sort this out.

Given the difference in SA, it is amazing that an instruction pamphlet wasn't produced and handed to me at installation. Sometimes I just have to shake my head in amazement.

Dave

Richard
Stellar
0 Replies 25772 Views

Hi Dave,

Me too.  There are so many errors and omissions also in the AGL app and portal.

They are working on them however, but it will take time.

Cheers,

Richard

GraemeR
Conductor
1 Reply 24437 Views

I have just had this meter installed today and note that code 3 is the net usage and code 13 is the solar feed-in. However, how do you determine at what rate the net usage is eg Peak, Shoulder or Off-Peak.

The reason that I ask is that it is noted that 3.9kWh was used between 10:30am and 11:30am which I believe is reheating the HWS but which should be off-peak ie between 10pm and 7am only.

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 24427 Views

Hey GreameR,

Thank you for your post!

You can find information about how to read your meter here. If you find that your hot water system is heating up during the day, it may be the case that you need your timeswitch reset  To arrange this, you'll be best served by getting in touch with our customer service team.

Kind regards,

Jayden