Net Meter upgrade issue

XNguyen
Switched-on
6 Replies 40502 Views

Hello everyone

After being advised that AGL would be upgrading our meter from Gross to Net meter back mid 2016, we hadn't heard anything from AGL until we followed up with them in late March 2017. We were advised that AGL would come around and perform the upgrade in Apr 2017.

Fast forward to May 2017 and as we haven't seen anyone come around to do the upgrade, we recieved a letter to say that there are some required additional work at our place and AGL was unable to tell us what are those additional works.

We have been in touch with AGL call centre 3 times and each time we've been advised that they have send emails asking for clarification from the Deployment team. And each time we were told that there are no update from the Deployment team.

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

We're looking to put in a formal complaint and would take it to the Ombudman if needed.

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
CatherineG
Retired AGL Moderator
0 Replies 33600 Views

Hi @XNguyen,

Thanks for getting in touch with us, sorry to hear about the meter exchange delay and that your solar meter has not been reconfigured from gross to net metering.

If your meter exchange was previously not completed due to: 

• Meter board too small
  • Failed compliance test within the meter
  • Unable to isolate supply due to multi-occupancy site
  • Meter is located above 2 meters – networks do not allow work to be completed
  • Bad wiring
  • Damaged meter board
  • Asbestos

You can now contact a local ASP (Accredited Service Provider) who will complete the meter exchange and if you organise this before 30 June 2017 the meter will be provided free of charge. Please use this link to find out more information. 

If you would like account specific information, happy for you to get in contact with myself via private message

Thanks! 

RF
Switched-on
2 Replies 33372 Views

Seems like you're not the only one, XNguyen. I was promised new meters by the end of last year back in July, then in November andf again in early December. By February it was "by the end of April'. Guess what - May is here and - no meters.

H-Tai
Switched-on
0 Replies 31559 Views

Same here, I called them in March and the girl said I was on priority list and they will send me a letter 2 weeks prior the installation. it's now in June and still nothing. 

frustrated66
Conductor
1 Reply 31503 Views

I have been trying to get a Net meter upgrade , have spoken to AGL on at least 10 occassions over the past 6 months , have been promissed on several occassions and even been given a date on a couple of times but no one ever turns up nor does AGL advise me .

I am now being told that it will happen over the next couple of months!!

Cant say I have any faith in AGL ever installing this meter.

Have been an AGL customer for over 10 years and now have no choice but to change suppliers.

Not good enough AGL your PROMISES mean nothing.

CatherineG
Retired AGL Moderator
1 Reply 31468 Views

Hi @frustrated66

Really sorry to hear that your meter exchange has not been completed as of yet. You can contact an accredited service provider and arrange the meter exchange yourself. The meter will be provided by AGL free of charge. 

Otherwise if you would like to send myself a private message with your account details, I will investigate with our Digital Metering Team as to when this exchange will occur. 

Thanks! 

Cad
Switched-on
1 Reply 31142 Views

I am extremely frustrated too. I called in February  to request changeover to a net meter & was told it would be by the end of April or beginning of May 2017 latest.  I chased them on 5 May & was told there was no order placed even though I'm on the 'priority list'.  They then said it would be done by August & I would receive a letter 2 weeks beforehand to confirm the date it would happen.  I have not heard anything.  I chased AGL again today & they said I am now on the planning list but they could not provide a date when it would happen & it probably wouldn't be anytime soon.  This is ridiculous.  I was going to go with another company but decided on AGL as they said it would definitely be done by beginning of May at the latest.  AGL you have broken your word & I have absolutely no faith in you.  If you are too busy then tell customers so they can make an informed decision as to whether to stay with you or not.  You do not deserve to have customers if you treat us like this.  I now have 3 options:  (i) stick with AGL & wait forever while you mess us around & give us no concrete idea of when the changeover will happen; (ii) pay for an electrician to do it but that's too expensive; (iii) change to another retailer but then I have to go to the back of the queue...  In the meantime I have lost $$ in savings I would have made since the beginning of May if the net meter had been installed when you said it would be installed.  It is definitely a case for the ombudsmen & a worthy cause of some serious social media backlash (which I am happy to start the ball rolling on as I work in marketing)...  

Jordanemm
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 31105 Views

Hi Cad, 

Thank you for your post, and apologies for the delayed response. 

Your message is very hard to read, understanding that we have let you down on so many occasions. To realise that so much time has lapsed without a sufficient resolution to your request, I can only recommend one course of action. If you have not pursued this line of contact already, please email our complaint and resolution department on complaints@agl.com.au. Please include your account number, any reference number you may have, along with your best contact number. They will get in contact with you within 2 - 3 business days, after receiving your email. 

This is the highest point of escalation, internally. You will also have direct contact with a very experienced team, equipped to manage this headache.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Sincerely, 

Jordan

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
SC
Conductor
0 Replies 30620 Views

I needed to get the Ombudsman involved to get it done. I waited 7 months

LG
Switched-on
0 Replies 30549 Views

@RF wrote:

Seems like you're not the only one, XNguyen. I was promised new meters by the end of last year back in July, then in November andf again in early December. By February it was "by the end of April'. Guess what - May is here and - no meters.