Meter exchange for solar installation

WazzaG
Semiconductor
1 Reply 8699 Views

Hi folks

First timer here at the community and just wanted to know if anyone can offer some info or details - I have written to AGL regards this because we want to have written confirmation from AGL but I also thought it would be prudent to ask the community.

We just had a 5KW solar system installed and we have spoken to AGL regards having a bi directional meter installed as required ( booked in for early May ) - does anyone know the type of meter used by AGL when installing a bi directional meter for use with solar ?  We have three phase power and all we realise at the moment is that the replacement meter will be a three phase digital meter

We are wanting to ascertain the make and model of the meter which AGL intend to install for use with our solar system and we also want to find out how the meter is programmed to record consumption of electricity across all three phases ?

I have been told by an electrician friend that typically, a new meter for such an installation would be an Atlas EDMI polyphase meter or similar and when this type of meter is programmed, it is done in such a way so that it records the consumption across all three phases before it sees any solar power as surplus .The meter reconciles the three phases and records your total usage as one total before recording any excess solar power.

If anyone has any info regards the type ( make and model etc.) of bi directional three phase meter that AGL / Endeavour Energy use for three phase solar metering and consumption programming that would be greatly appreciated. We want to make an informed decision for our future electricity supply and that includes having knowledge with respect to metering and consumption recording relative to use with our solar installation and three phase power.

Cheers & beers.................Wazza

3 REPLIES 3
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 8644 Views

Hey WazzaG,

Thanks for your post!

The meter that is installed on the day is ultimately at the discretion of Active Stream, however more information about the array of meters offered by Active Stream can be found here.

Kind regards,

Jayden

WazzaG
Semiconductor
1 Reply 8638 Views

Hey Jayden

Thanks very much for your reply, info and link - that's exactly what we were looking for.

Cheers n beers

Wazza

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 8636 Views

Hey WazzaG,

Not a problem at all, happy to help!

Please let me know if there is anything else that we can do to help.

Kind regards,

Jayden