Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Is Solar command down?

Superconductor

I am new to Solar command and have been monitoring it for 3 days.  Over the last two days, the website responds but advises that "Sorry, your data is not available. Please try again later."  Is this issue just me or is the data unavailable?

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Is Solar command down?

AGL Moderator

Hi @Woodunn,

Cheers for your post, and apologies for the belated response.

We have been investigating this issue, and it appears that there is a data outage for our battery customers. There is an issue receiving this data from our partner, Sunverge. Unfortunately, this currently affects all Sunverge and AGL customers. We have put up a notice on Solar Command to let you know. We expect this matter to be resolved ASAP, but cannot provide an estimated time of resolution. It may take a few days. 

Please let us know if there is anything we can help with in the meantime.

Sincerely, Jordan

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Superconductor

And again today?  Yesterday it was many hours behind and then this morning there is no data.  Is there an ongoing issue with Solar Command?

Tags (1)

Superconductor

Hi Jordan,

And again today there is no data.  Yesterday began to backfill very slowly after another outage but stopped around 6pm.  Nothing since then.  Is this effecting all Solar customers or VPP customers only?

Ron

AGL Moderator

Hi @Woodunn

Thank you for your posts, and apologies for getting back to you so late. 

Our team are aware of these outages that are affecting all VPP customers. We are attempting to get in contact with each of you to discuss this in more detail. You should expect to hear from our team shortly. 

Apologies again for this frustration, and thank you for your ongoing patience.

Sincerely, Jordan

Highlighted

Superconductor

Hi @Jordanemm,

Sorry to sound like a broken record but nothing in Solarcommand since Friday evening.  I understand that this is not entirely in AGL's space however it is becoming a little frustrating for us newcomers to build up a power usage profile when the tool we are meant to be using is down or lagging hours behind.

Is there a fix on its way or are we waiting until November for the new technology offereing before we get reliable monitoring?

Regards

Ron

Powerhouse

Hi Ron, 

Don't be perturbed about feeling like a broken record, I feel the same as you, excuses, blame game, partner at fault and so the list goes on. Come to think of it, through the Solar command app I look at my figures hourly and daily and it strikes me that not a day goes by when I can rely on it all working, like right now, this minute, it’s 2/11pm on the Sunday and the reading is 10.45am and has been stuck like that since 10.45am.

It's simply not good enough and it should get fixed permanently.

On a different but other vexing problem, what bright spark decided to change the method of log-in, it was fine as is and the login in details were remembered and please don’t say it’s a security measure on the PC software as the same software on the App allows us to click the login in radar button and were in, in no time flat.

Lift your game AGL and listen to your customers.

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.

AGL Moderator

Thanks for your message Ron, and thanks for being a part of the VPP.

We are currently working on some developments that will improve reliability and reduce latency of the data in the portal and we expect these to be implemented in the coming months. We  acknowledge your frustration with not having reliable access to your data, and appreciate your patience while we implement these improvements.

Sincerely, Jordan

Conductor

We are currently working on improvements - said every developer that didn't have their act together.

AGL Moderator

Thanks for your feedback, @shueardm1! Empowering our customers with the tools to manage their usage, and produce their own energy through initiatives like the VPP, are hugely important and ambitious projects, and technical improvements will always need to be made along the way. Let us know if there are any ways we can help with your energy needs. Cheers, Jayden.