I can’t get AGL to install my new solar meter 11 weeks after my solar panels were installed

Mmwit
Switched-on
2 Replies 6442 Views

After retiring I decided to invest a large sum my superannuation in solar panels and a battery. However AGL have been unable some 11 weeks later to have the required solar meter installed. I have rung and rung - been promised callbacks that never eventuate but still no action. AGL customer service is non existent. They’ve outsourced to call centres in the Phillipines and India that can’t fix the problem. I now need to find another power company. Very distressing. 

2 REPLIES 2
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 6435 Views

Hey Mmwit,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Unfortauntly many households are currently being impacted by these delays following the government-mandated Power of Choice program that took effect from 1/12/2017. We'd like to apologise for the obvious inconvenience that these delays have caused, and please feel free to get in touch with me via private message if there is anything further that we can help with!

Kind regards,

Jayden

FrancisTony
Conductor
0 Replies 6401 Views

Same situation.

I am going to move my 3 accounts to a different retailer unless they ignore all charges (except their supply fee) from the date they committed until the date the meter is put in place. Then I don't care how long they take. You should do the same.