Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Highlighted

Greens outline a battery storage refund proposal

Retired AGL Moderator

In the push to make Australia a renewable energy leader, the Greens have outlined an exciting proposal for battery storage aiming to jumpstart the battery industry.

The battery storage policy will be used in budget negotiations with the government, and will suggest a 50 per cent refundable tax credit for individuals to pay for as much as half the cost of a new storage system.

Would be keen to hear your thoughts on this one @BWSS.

edit: updated URL

If I've helped you in any way, feel free to give me a Like!
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Greens outline a battery storage refund proposal

Powerhouse

Living in SA it unfortunately does not affect me, sorry to say.

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.
Highlighted

Retired AGL Moderator

Sorry for the confusion with the page given - the proposal is for the federal budget ahead of the upcoming election, not just Victoria! I've updated the link has with the relevant proposal page.

Highlighted

Powerhouse

Thank you, I have read it very carefully and understand where they are coming from. For me, certainly not politically minded, I note recently they opened the gate to 'go to bed' with Labor if the election turns out to a near hung Parliament, I get the impression the Green's will say or do almost anything to get a vote, but it won't be mine.

The  initial concept sounds good and would be nice for some if it got through but what about the households who don’t have Solar to start with, aside from the ACC etc. it seems it’s not a level playing field to start with, just my view.

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.
Highlighted

Retired AGL Moderator

Interesting point @BWSS - time will tell!

Highlighted

Switched-on

Greetings Folks, just stoking the 'coals' a little 🙂 @BWSS @JeremyH

"I get the impression the Green's will say or do almost anything to get a vote, but it won't be mine"...

it's funny when you think about promises the major parties make that are forever being broken. I hope you won't vote for one of them either!

Interesting too i suppose the party you do vote for won't be involved in gaining any support from independants or other small parties with a seat in either house of federal parliment? It appears to me that doing "deals" and compromise is part of our democracy to aid the inclusion of a greater number of voices at the (National) table... <did u get that bad national joke about the people who currently run this country having made a "deal" between 2 parties to get what they want i.e. power to make more decisions on behalf of everyone else, like burn coal instead of use renewables...>

Either way, this kind of power storage is inevitably, the way of the future! Most of the rest of the developed world is lapping it up! We shall not be burning coal for centuries to come when we need it most(well the current gov will if u don't hurry & vote them out), the power will aready be there waiting for us to use and it will have been created through a much more sustainable method than the above mentioned.

It's time to embrace this tech, and support it, and one way is through the power of your vote. It really isn't that far away where a portion of your electricity consumed and most other australian consumers electricity too will be coming from a smaller scale, localised grids that store power from wind & solar. It's already happening in places, albeit slowly...

I have no solar on my rented roof space however i wholeheartedly support the inclusion of this kind of policy in my neighbourhood so i can hurry up and gain the benefits of access to it. I do pay for "Green Power" and i am just initiating some carbon farming offsets too but i'm restricted doing much more through my provider.

Had i the option from AGL to purchase power from my neighbours sun powered systems before anywhere else...make it rain $$$$

Thank you, this is just intended for fuel for thought 🙂

Liam

Highlighted

Switched-on

Same old story.

When will the Greens ever learn that "one mans subsidy is another mans tax!"

If the Greens and battery enthusiats think it is so good, then let them use their own money and not borrowed govt money that our grandchildren will have to pay back.

Highlighted

Powerhouse

Well, it's certainly not going to happen now, is it? On a srt of different note, the Adelaide City Council to better 'Green' Adelaide and make it carbon neutral plan to widely expand the the introduction of more chargepoints for electric cars, first introduced by the previous Lord Mayor and welcomed by people like me who has a Holden Volt.

Althought only 2 are currently in use in Adelaide the thought of more is exciting, considering Electricity is not going down in price, as opposed to SA Water now lowering their costs and passing them onto consumers, all good news if you live in SA.