Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Highlighted

Energy Storage

Switched-on

Three questions if I may:

1.  Can AGL advise on the sizes of the larger batteries contemplated and to be realeased at a later date (i.e. how much larger than 7.2 KWh)

2.  What is AGL thinking around providing storage for customers with 3 phase requirements?

3.  Is AGL wedded to lithium ion or other lithium derivatives, or for example flow batteries for commercial / industrial customers with larger loads?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Energy Storage

AGL Expert

@Ourimy03 wrote:

Three questions if I may:

1.  Can AGL advise on the sizes of the larger batteries contemplated and to be realeased at a later date (i.e. how much larger than 7.2 KWh)

2.  What is AGL thinking around providing storage for customers with 3 phase requirements?

3.  Is AGL wedded to lithium ion or other lithium derivatives, or for example flow batteries for commercial / industrial customers with larger loads?

@Ourimy03

Thanks for getting in touch. Here are some answers. 

1. AGL will be able to supply batteries at any scale to suit the needs of the customers. 7.2kWh is just the start, later in the year we will have offerings at larger sizes and will be able to supply our largest customers with batteries into the MWh scale if need be.
  2. Batteries for 3-Phase are on the roadmap and will be available sometime in the first half of next year, if not before. 
  3. Lithum-Ion is our primary focus as, at the current time, it offers the best cost-performance profile for the widest range of applications. We are constantly revieing the technology landscape and are always open to alternatives to other technologies as they become viable for specific applications. 

If you haven't already signed up to stay informed about PowerAdvantage, please sign up and we will be in touch to discuss your specific requirements.

http://aglsolar.com.au/energystorage/