Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Drawing from grid and exporting at same time

Conductor

Can anybody tell me why I show that I am drawing from the grid AND exporting at the same time in the middle of the day. Was changed over to NET metering a couple of months ago.

Seems like a way for AGL to make money, Charge for power at a high cost and give me a lttle money for the export at the same time, when I should be using all my solar and not drawing from the grid.

Please explain???

Or would this just be a technical difficulty the AGL have every day with everything?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Drawing from grid and exporting at same time

Conductor

I gather nobody from AGL can explain or to busy trying to make the usage site work??

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hey quinny,

Thank you for reaching out!

It sounds like there may be inconsistencies in the data you're seeing, which is definitely worth looking into further! First of all, we'll ask that you ensure that this is actual data that you're seeing, as some customers have been experiencing delays in receiving actual data as of late, and have been provided estimated data in its place.

If the data is displaying as actual, I'll ask that you send me a screenshot of this as well as your account details to and we'll be happy to assist where we can!

Kind regards,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Conductor

Reaching out..... I just spent 61 minutes 35 seconds talking to 5 different people at AGL at not one knew what to do, even one said "What do you want us to do about it..." before transferring to someone else and I had to start again. In the end the last person in metering tells me I need to talk to Activestream as they did the job. I phone Activestream 19 min 47sec telling me they cannot do anything without AGL looking at it and to go back there and would not give a job number "they don't do that" so who knows if any of that is on record.

The screen shot will be sent in a moment, hopefully you can do something without passing on again

AGL Moderator

Hey quinny,

Sorry about the unhelpful level of service on offer today, this is absolutely not the standard that we strive to provide. Thank you for sending this through! We'll be sure to look into things and be back in touch ASAP.

Kind regards,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.