Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Digital meters

Semiconductor

What happens if I change energy providers after installation of a digital meter? Who owns the new meter?

4 REPLIES 4

Digital meters

Semiconductor

Are the technicians installing the digit meters licensed electricians? If not, why not?

What recourse would I have as a homeowner if digital meter is not installoed by a electrician and is not installed properly and causes fire damage.

Digital meters

Semiconductor

If after installing digital meter it is deemed necessary to install an antenna to boost signal - who pays for that?

Re: Digital meters

Powerhouse

Good morning, 

You may want to volunteer some more info for the guys here to help you out, like who installed the meter, is it an AGL meter supplied by them, when was it actually installed, this all helps to give you a clear answer to your 3 questions. To answer say your last question, if it was an AGL meter installed by AGL you would have seen the little black antenna outside your meter box, there is a code on the meter in one one of the reads that shows the actual signal strength, if it was low they would have ensured it was readable before leaving, as for say the Electrician's credentials, it goes without saying, they are more than electricians, they would be licensed meter installers, a very responsible team and properly licensed, working for a subsidiary of AGL called Active Stream.

I'll let the experts here answer your questions in due course as they know more than I but anymore info you can supply will be helpful.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.

Re: Digital meters

Retired AGL Moderator

Hey @LeeMac, welcome the Community! 

Rob's just about covered everything here. We'll need a little further info in regards to which digital meter has been (or is yet to be) installed. If you don't have the digital meter yet, have you received a flyer from us that your basic meter will be upgraded to an digital meter?

If I've helped you in any way, feel free to give me a Like!