Digital meter + solar - now what?

AnnaCanna
Switched-on
1 Reply 10018 Views

We had solar installed in March and our meter was replaced on 10 May. Is there anything else we need to do for our solar usage and feed in to register in our account and billing? 

4 REPLIES 4
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 9899 Views

Hey AnnaCanna,

Welcome to the Community!

There is nothing more that you need to do to start making the most of the benefits of having a solar system at your property. If you are interested, we do offer a number of platforms that provide greater insights and allow you to monitor the performance of your solar system in greater detail. You can find more information here!

Kind regards,

Jayden

AtWitzend
Conductor
1 Reply 9734 Views

I keep hearing about monitoring my solar with AGL Solar Command and I would love to see info pertaining to my system but for all the promises, all I get when I click on the link you provided is a login page, and when I login I see the same as I always have which is the AGL-IQ dashboard I believe. When I click on the 'Usage' tab I get shunted into another system that used to give some very basic usage stats that don't look like anything that Solar Command offers but now all I get is an error message saying . . . "We’re sorry, there’s been an error with your request. Please try again or call us 24/7 on 1800 813 028.". There is nothing wrong with my request, it's just that AGL never honours it! Whenever I have logged in, the pages all carry the header message

"We're working hard to build the new My Account. This page isn't quite ready, so we've taken you outside the main site to complete your task. Click the button to go back once you have finished."

but it has been saying that the whole time I have been with AGL.

I need to recontract before the end of June but from what I seen of the AGL's online presence I would get better info from just about any other provider. AGL has been promising me better solar monitoring since I signed up several years ago but it never seems to happen, and the web portal always seems to be 'under construction'.

Lots of promises, but nothing seems to change. So AGL, what's the story?

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 9729 Views

Hey AtWitzend,

Thank you for your post!

We've been working hard over the last 12 or so months to transition all of our online services over to our new platform, and we're sorry for any inconvenience caused by the time that this has taken! We don't have a date for completion at present I'm sorry to say, but to ensure that you're able to take full advantage of our current and future services it's crucial that you have a smart meter installed at your property.

If you do not yet have one yet, we'd encourage you to get in touch with our Digital Metering team on 1300 669 245.

Kind regards,

Jayden

AtWitzend
Conductor
0 Replies 9720 Views

With respect Jayden, I have had a smart meter for several years, and AGL knows that. AGL have been saying "we are transitioning all of our online services over to our new platform. We don't have a date for completion at present." for much longer than 12 months.

None of that is an answer, just more apologies and excuses which have become very tiresome but very much how AGL rolls. Time to move to another provider, there has to be at least one energy supplier that has their s**t together, that can be honest with their customers and tell the truth!

Surely? Hopefully, . . .

but then again, probably not . . .