Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Digital Meter

Switched-on
We have received a letter in NSW stating that AGL wants to install a digital meter, is this compulsory or are we able to turn this down? I don't like playing around with something that works and we don't need a fancy meter. Thanks!!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Digital Meter

Retired AGL Moderator

Hey @Wibbs, welcome to the Community!

Head here for FAQs on all that is Digital Metering. Digital meters offer many benefits, including the ability to live track your usage. It also helps keep your billing as accurate as possible, and eliminates the possibility of receiving estimated reads should your meter be inaccessible.

This is totally up to you though, should you wish to opt-out give us a call on 1300 669 245.

If I've helped you in any way, feel free to give me a Like!

Re: Digital Meter

Powerhouse

Hi Wibbs, 

Is this offer for an AGL one or a Government one, this is very important as us here in SA were offered an AGL one which means moving providers may be quite hard or even impossible, if on the other hand, like here in SA, if the governing body, in our SAPN provides one, then I would be quite certain that you in a better position.

Let me explain further, if say SAPN in SA provide an analogue or digital meter, your provider gets the billing info sent to them for them to bill you, that means switching providers is painless, had I known all this I would have stayed with my analogue meter.

To be fair, if it's an AGL meter you get access to good software that allows for good info to you on usage.

Hmm, just re-read your post, my apoligies, it's an AGL one, buyer beware, go into it with your eyes open, no one gets something for free unless there is a catch.

Please remember, I'm just like you, a customer.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.