Costs involved in setting up electric car plan

icyweet
Switched-on
2 Replies 7807 Views

We wish to join AGL's $1 a day plan. 

We have our own electric car charger which came with the car, so we don't need any new charging stations. 

AGL technician quoted me $630 for installing a dedicated circuit, which they said is compulsory for all customers with this EV plan.  Please note the installation of a new meter is free of charge.

I have read in forums that the cost for installation of a dedicated circuit is included in the plan, and I haven't head of anyone mentioning about this cost in their quote. Could anyone tell me whether they were charged by AGL for the labour and materials for the dedicated circuit of 15amp for setting up this plan? Thanks for your help. 

2 REPLIES 2
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 7804 Views

Hey icyweet,

Thank you for your post!

I just wanted to let you know in case you didn't already that we have a dedicated 'Electric Car Plan' team who can be contacted on 1300 001 515, Monday–Friday 9.00am–5.00pm (AEST).

Kind regards,

Jayden

PlugEV
Switched-on
0 Replies 6975 Views

Hi,

I have this plan with AGL.

You need to have a dedicated circuit that you are going to use to charge the car with already installed, ie. a power point in your garage that goes to the meter box and has its own switch in the meter box (nothing else on the circuit). You don't need to get AGL to install this circuit, any local friendly electrician can do it.  My electrician charges on an hourly rate and installed a dedicated 15amp circuit in my carport (with 15amp power point, which I supplied) for under $150.

AGL then came later, inspected the meter box and circuit, and installed the sub-meter. No other charges.

Plan is great.