Battery Usage VPP

Bryce
Conductor
2 Replies 11499 Views

Hi

Just connected up to VPP last week and wondered how others were going.

My battery charges to 90% and discharges to 20% (usually more).

Is this considered normal? Is this what others are getting?

I must be honest and confess to expecting a greater than 70% usage factor.

Comments anyone?

3 REPLIES 3
Rob
Conductor
0 Replies 11464 Views

Hi Bryce,

My VPP was also installed last week.  My battery also only charges to 90%.  My understanding is that Lithium Ion batterys should not be charged to 100% as it dramatically affects its life cycle - so its likely this is by design.
Overnight my battery has never dropped below 24% (so far).  Again, Lithium Ion should not be fully discharged either so I would expect it to cut out well before 0%, but I dont think I've managed to use enough power to get to the cut-off yet. 🙂
Given the specs for the battery report 4000 - 7000 cycles at 80% DOD (Depth of Discharge) i would expect it to cut off at 10% but havent confirmed this yet.  Maybe I should leave the stove on one night and find out 😉
Cheers

Rob

limydoo
Alumni
1 Reply 11096 Views

Hey @Bryce - I just wanted to follow up here and let you know that there's a couple of posts here in the Community which might also be of interest to you. One of our users has shared a great summary of his experience so far here, and our official VPP discussion thread can also be found here. Hope to see you join the conversation!

Cheers

Before posting, make sure you are familiar with our community guidelines.

And be sure to give a like when you see a helpful post from a user!
Dave
Superconductor
0 Replies 11061 Views

Mine charges to 90% and will not use below 26%.

This results in only having 4.8 kWhr available for use from the current battery.

I can accept the 90%, but consider the 26% too low.