AGL have cancelled Virtual Power Plant rollout to evaluate newer products

Frogster
Semiconductor
2 Replies 29793 Views

I was supposed to have my VPP installed next week but got a call to say all further deployments in the project have been cancelled. AGL will be evaluating alternative/newer products, and the contract is effectively cancelled. I could elect to get a refund or stay in the 'queue' to consider offers later, but these will be made around the end of the year. I asked whether I could have the existing device installed and was told this is not possible. Incidentally the contracted product was the Sunverge SIS 11.6. It is disappointing to have the contract unilaterally canceled a week before installation. Wondering what other people think about the VPP rollout being cancelled?

7 REPLIES 7
GregA
AGL Employee
2 Replies 29980 Views

Hi Frogster,

Thanks for your feedback and thanks for being a part of the VPP. You can rest assured we have definitely not cancelled the rollout of the VPP or your contract. We're in the process of finalising our next generation of products to include in the VPP. We acknowledge your disappointment at having your installation deferred at short notice and we apologise for this, but we wanted to provide you with the opportunity to opt-in to the exciting, next generation product offering when it is announced. We're full steam ahead with the VPP program and excited to be almost ready to publish our first report through ARENA which will include some of the VPP performance to date. We'll post a link in the Community when its ready to view online.

We'll be calling every VPP customer to discuss the project update over the coming days and will provide you with regular updates. But please call or email us if you have any questions you would like to discuss.

Thanks!

Greg

Frogster
Semiconductor
0 Replies 29478 Views

Thanks for reply GregA. I am just hoping that the Sunverge's LiFePo4 battery chemistry is retained on the new offering - 7000 cycles at (90%) depth of discharge (DoD); or 8000 cycles at 85% DoD.

https://www.pvbuzz.com/best-battery-chemistry-behind-the-meter/

Frogster

EDIT:Actually I think the battery chemistry reported for the Sunverge SIS at sites like

https://www.solarquotes.com.au/battery-storage/comparison-table/
(Lithium Iron Phosphate) is wrong.
I now think it is Li-Ion NMC - Kokam brand - Lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxide

https://www.environment.gov.au/system/files/resources/1ac8df29-bb6c-4db6-8254-81fdba03491a/files/li-...

http://kokam.com/data/Kokam_ESS_Solution_2017.pdf?PHPSESSID=2597cd3889c64ecb546f7f8043a3582d

Fay
Semiconductor
1 Reply 27055 Views

I signed up to the VPP program in April 2017 and it is now 10 months later and no system has been installed at my home! I have been very patient however the generic email I recieved from AGL about the program in December annoyed me greatly as it said nothing about when the rollout would recommence. I think that it is unethical for a business to take and hold a deposit and sign people up to a contract and then not commit to a reasonable delivery timeframe. I have lost a lot of trust in AGL and their program as a result. 

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 27007 Views

Hey Fay,

Thank you for your post!

We're sorry to hear that you've been left out of the loop. We're happy to confirm that we're very close to making an announcement about our next generation hardware, and we appreciate your patience during this time.

Kind regards,

Jayden

liteceeper
Switched-on
1 Reply 26772 Views

Hi Jayden

We are still waiting with no date or timeline, hardly a professional approach.

Last phone correspondance with AGL I was told the existing 270 installed batteries would be replaced first and then new installs would commence. I paid my deposit on 7 June 2017. Will I see anything before end of 2018???

PS Please do not reply with the standard generated announcement soon, sounding like a broken record.

TheRealDaveyG
Retired AGL Moderator
0 Replies 25846 Views

Hi Liteceeper, 

It's likely that you have already been contacted about this, but in case anyone is wondering, last week, the announcement about our battery technology for the VPP was made. If you are yet to have heard from our VPP team, please let us know and we will help to get them in contact with you.

Thanks,

Dave.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Kurnalpi
Conductor
0 Replies 23888 Views

We'll be calling every VPP customer to discuss the project update over the coming days and will provide you with regular updates. But please call or email us if you have any questions you would like to discuss.

Thanks!

Hi Greg,

I have a system installed just waiting for battery installation, permit was granted and acknowledged by AGL home inspection also completed.

I have contacted AGL by phone asking for installation date estimate, it appears to be un-answerble.

Is there a battery problem or just supply? I am really frustrated not being kept in the loop as to what is going on.

Cheers

John

Helping to save our Mother Earth