AGL app now showing Solar export

GLO
Conductor
2 Replies 37196 Views

I have found that the recent app update shows the solar export which is great to see.

is there any way I can get an export of both solar export and power import on a spreadsheet?

im trying to model what my export would be in winter with a larger system.

thanks

15 REPLIES 15
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 29990 Views

Hi GLO,

You can download this data by logging into your AGL My Account here and then navigating to the 'Usage' tab.

Kind regards,

Jayden

GLO
Conductor
0 Replies 29987 Views

Jayden,

Note that Chrome reports your link as unsafe.

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 29986 Views

Hi GLO,

Try this instead.

Cheers,

Jayden

GLO
Conductor
1 Reply 29961 Views

Hi Jayden, 

You wouldnt have a spreadsheet layout that would help make sense of the CSV file?

Thanks in advance.

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 29952 Views

HI GLO,

Unfortunately we don't have a template available at present.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Bob_H
Transformer
0 Replies 29916 Views

Below are the only columns that I find of any use. Hopefully StartDate and EndDate are self-explanatory (although they are date and time). For RateTypeDescription: GeneralUse means what I'm taking from the grid and Solar means my "feed in" to the grid (not total power generated). ProfileReadValue is the total power in kWh for the 30 min block being considered (either in or out, depending on what's in the RateTypeDescription column).

At least, that's what I make of it all.

solar2.jpg

There is something of an explanation of all the columns here:

https://community.agl.com.au/t5/Renewables-and-Energy-Technology/Is-there-a-guide-for-interpreting-t...

Bob_H
Transformer
1 Reply 29911 Views

The AGL website (https://myaccount.agl.com.au/usage) is showing the graph too.

solar3.jpg

GLO
Conductor
1 Reply 29905 Views

Thanks,  

im trying to figure out how to visualise this using excel. The data is useful to model against the generation of a larger system.

im just trying to get my head around the 30min increments.

Dimitryp
Conductor
1 Reply 29250 Views

GLO, i'm also trying to do some excel magic with the numbers from the CSV, and have so far managed to get some averages for every half hour block of usage throughout the last year. I did this by massaging the original data and then creating a pivot table that separates and averages together each 30min block.

Resulting graph looks like below:

I actually did this just before getting solar, so now i need to do it again incorporating all the solar data rows (got solar 2 days ago!).

A couple of side-questions to the community:

1. The CSV always seems to have only yesterday's data in it. Any way to get up-to-the-minute current data downloaded?

2. My data so far seems to show that i'm both consuming from the grid and also exporting. This is during time periods where i was generating quite a bit (5kwh), so that shouldve been enought to cover all house usage at the time. Any idea why i'd be pulling in electricity when i've got extra to export?

agl-avg.png