Renewable Energy and Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Highlighted
Rookie

Is there a guide for interpreting the values from the usage data download?

I'm wondering if there is a guide somewhere. Information like any quality problems and what values like the QualityFlag mean.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Solution

Re: Is there a guide for interpreting the values from the usage data download?

Hey @crgentle, welcome to the Community!

We do indeed have a breakdown of the MyUsageData files generated from AGL IQ, this can be found on this Help and Support page of the website.

Here's an explanation of the column headings and related values:

• Device Number –this is your meter number, which can be found on your bill.
  • Device Type – this refers to your meter type. It can be BASIC or MIRM. A smart meter type is a subset of an MIRM meter.
  • Register Code - some meters may have multiple registers to allow for loads to be measured separately. For example, register 1 might be used to measure electricity consumed for general household use and register 2 might be used to measure the electricity consumed for a pool pump. The register code identifies the specific register that a reading relates to. This code may be found of your actual meter (if applicable) but will not appear on your bill. AGL uses this code internally.
  • Rate Type Description – Your tariff is generally made up of a number of rate types. The rate type description identifies your rate type, for example peak, off-peak, shoulder. On your bill in the ‘Usage and supply charges’ section, each rate type applicable to your tariff is displayed as an individual line item with the consumption and charges associated with it.
  • Start Date, End Date – the time period, up to a maximum of two years, with AGL as your electricity retailer. This is different from the information shown on your electricity bills. Each electricity bill will show you information for the relevant ‘Supply Period’ only.
  • Profile Read Value – the amount of kilowatt hours (kWhs) you have consumed. Your bill will show this data under ‘Usage kWh’ and will be for the Supply Period listed on your bill. Please note, the figure may differ between My AGL IQ and your bill, depending on the time period you have selected.
  • Quality Flag – this refers to your meter read and can be flagged as A (actual read), E (estimated read), S (substitute read), M (missing read) or F (final read). Your bill will show this data under ‘Reading Type’. Please note a missing read should only occur for unbilled periods and will therefore not be found on your bill.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions on interpretations of the data. Or anything else related to IQ for that matter!

If I've helped you in any way, feel free to give me a Like!
Rookie

Re: Is there a guide for interpreting the values from the usage data download?

Thanks for the info. What is QualityFlag = U?