for Electricity usage by day show tariffs rather than morning, day, evening and Night

Pau-H
3 Replies 1156 Views

it would be more useful to have the daily power usage  broken down into Tariff Charge times rather than 

morning, day, evening and Night

PauH_0-1683416243850.png

being that  "It is Peak charges apply 6am to 10am and 3pm to 1am and Shoulder (Solar sponge) charges apply 10am
to 3pm every day. Off peak charges apply at all other times."

Each  of the Night, Morning, Afternoon & Evening have overlapping Tariff rates  making it difficult to asses if effective use of power at the best possible time  both financially and environmentally  is occurring.

Also with a split like suggested both Cost & KWH in each split Peak, Off Peak & Shoulder would be helpful.

Regards Paul

5 Comments
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
Status changed to: Good Idea, Vote!

Thanks for the feedback, Paul. We're taking a look into possible options around this.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager

Hi @Pau-H , while we look into this, I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to use this infomation for. For example, do you currently make decisions on when to run appliances based off this? How do you do so currently? The more we know about customer needs for this sort of data, the better we'll be able to create appropriate solutions.

DanMelbourne
Starter

Love the app, and love the AGL EV plan, but it would be amazing if we could see what proportion of usage in each day was peak usage vs overnight EV period (12am-6am) usage. Would be very helpful for understanding whether we're effectively managing load shifting to the off peak period or still consuming too much peak energy.  

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
Status changed to: Needs More Info

Hi @DanMelbourne, thanks for the feedback - I can definitely see how this would be useful. This idea sounds pretty similar to one that's already on our roadmap: https://neighbourhood.agl.com.au/t5/My-Account-Ideas/for-Electricity-usage-by-day-show-tariffs-rathe...

Do you feel like that covers your case enough to be merged together, or is there anything else we could include that would help with managing your EV plan via the app?

DanMelbourne
Starter

Yes I think that the two could be merged. I'm effectively asking for usage to be grouped by tariff so they're pretty much the same idea. And for me, it's about making sure I'm moving enough of my loads into the cheapest tariff periods.