Submit suggestions or ideas on your online My Account experience.

Re: Suggestion: AGL IQ - retrieving usage/spend for feeding into other monitoring system

AGL Community Manager

Hi @Magao

Thanks for your detailed suggestion for AGL IQ, along with insight into how you are using all the data you are capturing. I am moving your post to the My Account Ideas hub. This gives the team better visibility of the features customers like you are wanting. As we open it up to the Community, others can like, or comment so we can see if this suggestion is worth greater consideration. Keep the ideas coming! 

2 Comments

I have a monitoring system (based on NetData) which I use to aggregate data from the GoodWe portal (my inverter manufacturer) and AGL Solar Command. Using this I'm able to calculate my electricty import, export and spend pretty accurately and graph it over a month, year, etc.

Note - due to having 2 inverters I can't just rely on AGL Solar Command - I also need the data from the GoodWe portal.

I'd like to be even more accurate and include the actual usage and spend as reported by AGL IQ. This is particularly important when one of the other sources has an outage (like the GoodWe portal yesterday which didn't record data for almost 24 hours) resulting in that not being included in my calculations. The AQL IQ site lags a day or so- this would be to fix up with accurate values rather than estimates.

Unfortunately, logging into the AGL website uses a federated login and web browser fingerprinting which basically means you need a fully-functional web browser to get access to this data.

I would like to be able to specify a read-only login (e.g. in Manage Account) which could only be used to retrieve the electricity (and gas) data used to populate the AGL IQ reports (including specifying a date to retrieve for). Whilst I'd prefer to have the spend available in the data, just getting access to the official export and import would be sufficient.

Hi @Samjy,

It looks like only your reply ended up in the My Account Ideas forum, so here is my original post ...

I have a monitoring system (based on NetData) which I use to aggregate data from the GoodWe portal (my inverter manufacturer) and AGL Solar Command. Using this I'm able to calculate my electricty import, export and spend pretty accurately and graph it over a month, year, etc.

Note - due to having 2 inverters I can't just rely on AGL Solar Command - I also need the data from the GoodWe portal.

I'd like to be even more accurate and include the actual usage and spend as reported by AGL IQ. This is particularly important when one of the other sources has an outage (like the GoodWe portal yesterday which didn't record data for almost 24 hours) resulting in that not being included in my calculations. The AQL IQ site lags a day or so- this would be to fix up with accurate values rather than estimates.

Unfortunately, logging into the AGL website uses a federated login and web browser fingerprinting which basically means you need a fully-functional web browser to get access to this data.

I would like to be able to specify a read-only login (e.g. in Manage Account) which could only be used to retrieve the electricity (and gas) data used to populate the AGL IQ reports (including specifying a date to retrieve for). Whilst I'd prefer to have the spend available in the data, just getting access to the official export and import would be sufficient.