Moving, Meters and Connections

What happens when I notify AGL that I am moving house?

No ratings
‎02-10-2019 03:19 PM

Moving house? Let us help you understand the process.

Let us know you’re moving

Choose your plan and let us know when you'd like to be connected. To be connected on the next business day, call us before 1pm Monday to Friday. 

Track your move - get access to your personalised Move Tracker

Available when you arrange your move online, you can stay informed on how your energy connection is progressing and edit your move details through My Account  giving you one less thing to worry about.

Make sure your home is ready to connect

Please ensure there is clear access to your electricity and gas meters, remember to set your main electrical switch to 'off' so we can complete your request safely.

Move in, power on guaranteed

If your power’s not on on the agreed day, we'll cover your related expenses up to $250/day (GST incl.) until your power is on^

Do you have a life support machine at your property?

If someone in your household has Life Support Equipment, it’s important to plan for unexpected energy outages.  Contact us to register your life support machine.

Moving tomorrow?

To be connected on the next business day, call us before 1pm Monday to Friday.

Need extra help?

See our top Moving FAQs or chat with us now.

^If the power is not on after the agreed day, we'll cover your related expenses up to $250/day (GST incl.) until your power is on. For electricity you'll need to provide one business days' notice and ensure clear, safe access to the meter. Not applicable for WA gas customers.

Was this article helpful?

Version history
Revision #:
11 of 11
Last update:
‎02-10-2019 03:19 PM
Updated by: