Impossible to setup Internet connection on Tp-link vr1600v ver2.0

Realgcp
Conductor
1 Reply 1123 Views

From this morning my modem is not connecting to the Internet anymore (DSL is on). I moved from TPG, and I have the suspect that AGL has just started providing my Internet service from this morning, even if I'm paying them since 1 month or so... Therefore, the modem may need new settings.

All the suggestions (from a call to AGL and Tp-link) refer to choosing the right pppoe username and password, and there is a wide variation on the way to go: ACCxxxxxx for both fields, ACCxxxxxx and AGL password, accxxxxxx and no password, email address and AGL password, and all the variatioms you can imagine...

I have tried a lot of them, without success!

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 1105 Views

Hi @Realgcp - you might find some useful advice in this discussion: https://neighbourhood.agl.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/BYO-Modem-Settings-PPPoE-username-password-setti... - a few customers there have shared what worked for them specifically after moving from TPG.

Realgcp
Conductor
1 Reply 1100 Views

To everyone: problem solved.

Simply AGL did not connect my NBN because they were waiting for TPG to pull the plug; that took 1 month...

Now that AGL is delivering Internet, the connection is working. BTW, using my ACCXXXXXX number for both user and password in the PPPoE settings

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 1088 Views

Glad to hear you got it sorted!