Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

waiting for solar meter upgrade but nothing happening

Switched-on

have been waiting 6 months now for AGL to change over meter to solar suitable meter and been told not to turn on solar meter to utilise solar power and threatened with $20,000 fine . 6 months later AGL have done nothing after multiple emails and calls , every call starts the same oh sorry you need to talk to a different department , we need to escalate your request,, we are currently experiencing a delay with meters  . Have gone to the ombudsman and turns out there are 100's more AGL customers being told they cant utilise the benefits of their solar until AGL install the meter even though they dont even have the meters !!!!!

Appalling in this time when governments are urging greener and more efficient energy usage  that a company can so blatantly use delay tactics and provide zero customer service and instead threaten clients .

If a company hasnt fixed a known delay in providing a meter after 6 months something is seriously wrong and customer service means nothing to them

1 REPLY 1

Re: waiting for solar meter upgrade but nothing happening

AGL Moderator

Hey solarsad,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback about your experience with AGL.

Six months is an unreasonable amount of time to be left waiting for a meter upgrade, and I'm sorry to hear that you've been given little in the way of a resolution to date. We'd love to take a closer look at things for you, so if you'd like to chat further please send me a private message with your account details and we'll be in touch!

Cheers,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.