Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Highlighted

solar

Switched-on

Some queries  - I’m with AGL on their Solar Savers plan & expect to get the $0.2 FIT:

What are AGL’s limitations to get that FIT?- I believe a max 10kW inverter – but is that 10kW per phase (I have a 3-phase mains but a single phase inverter)? Or what is the rule?

Is there an AGL limit on the kWh fed-in?

If I have, say, 8kW of panels – would my 5kW inverter be harmed?

If I install 12 additional panels to my existing system will that attract any government subsidy?

Any additional panels would be on the WNW facing roof while the existing panels are on the ESE side of the roof – is this a problem? (no shading)

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: solar

AGL Moderator

Hi cdbstock,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

There are no limitations on the 20c/kWh feed-in-tariff as we do not have visibility of your systems specifications. We very simply pay you 20c for every kWh that you generate and export to the grid! 

We're not aware of any subsidies that are currently available that you'd become eligible for for making changes to your existing system, although you can find more information about various subsidies/rebates here.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.