Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Highlighted

solar usage on bill / digital meter

Switched-on

Hi Folks,

rookie question : how do I find out how much Solar power I am using from my system?

background: AGL switched my meter to a Digital meter in Feb, the new bill  I just recieved shows how much of my solar went to them, but not how much of my solar I used. was told after Digital meter install, my home will use my solar and surplus will go to grid, not seeing if I am using any.

is there a way to find out ? otherwise these digital meters bit useless in my view.

kind regards

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: solar usage on bill / digital meter

Retired AGL Moderator

HI @hess2017

There is a great article already published about how to read your digital meters here on the Community. You can find the article link here.

Thanks! 

Highlighted

Switched-on

Hay,

your bill should show usage as normal, and below credits in $ and kWh.

depending on your solar inverter, mine is a Fronius with all the gear, i can see in real time my production and usage.

Also AGL have a solar usgae section which shows usage and up load per day (when it works, which it's not currently)

i find it all reasonably transparent when everything is working.

daily usage appdaily usage applive monitoring, panels to house to gridlive monitoring, panels to house to grid

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi @Dragon9970 and welcome to the Community! 

Thank you for the information you provided for reading usage on your bill. The screenshot is very helpful.

While unfortunetly the ability to view usage is currently unavailable, please see this post for updates and the expected fix.