Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Highlighted

meter read

Switched-on

tried to read meter something went wrong tried again now its greyed out what has happend

5 REPLIES 5

Re: meter read

AGL Moderator

Hi @brian49

Sounds like a bit of a glitch there, apologies for that! Have you tried again since? How'd you go?

If it's still not working, come chat with us here with your meter read and we'll do the rest.

Conductor

It doesn't matter if you put your meter read up as it never shows on your account.

Just received my electricity bill and even though the message I got on 28/07 said that the read had been accepted it does not show on my account which was only received 8 days after the end of the previous month.

Also it has not been updated on my account page.

Totally incompetent.

AGL Moderator

Hi @grahami2006

It seems you've had a few billing issues recently which is not great to see at all. As per my offer in my last response, please feel free to send me a message and we can look at them all individually if you'd like. Thanks!

lu
Switched-on

I had a 4kw solar system installed around 2011 and, ever since, I have complained that it is not worth having, as the savings are minimal  I complained to AGL and Natural Technology, the installers.  The latter sent me instructions as to how to read the meters but we couldn't understand them and then they said that, as we were high users, the system was working correctly.

I have now got someone to try to read the meters, as there was no recording at all on our last account for power fed back to the grid and we find out that no off peak power has been allowed for ever since the meters were installed by SA Power Networks.  I have tried to ascertain information about off-peak power, which appears to be virtually non-existent on AGL's web-site.  Apparently SA Networks have not connected the meter up correctly and hence we have been overcharged all these years - no wonder we have had high power bills!

I have tried e-mailing twice (no acknowledgement or reply), "chatting" twice, when they tell you to telephone and now I have found this page, where I hope someone from AGL will answer my questions and arrange a refund for all the wasted hours of washing/dishwashing at night instead of when I would have done, had I known that we were not connected to an "off-peak" system.

AGL Moderator

Hi @lu

Thank you for reaching out to us, and apologies for the late reply. 

Our Solar Customer Team would be most happy to look into this ongoing trouble you have had. I am sorry that after so many attempts, you have still not been able to receive an adequate solution to this problem. You can speak with the team on 1800 356 363 (option 4, then 3). 

Please reach out if you have not been able to reach a resolution with this team. 

Kindly, Jordan

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.