Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

meter installation

Rookie

Hello

We decided to move from origin to AGL earlier this year (August) while our house was in the process of renovation. When I did that, our gas meter was relocated. But I was advised that AGL couldn’t do the 3phase and meter connection - that Origin had to be organised to do that work. 

It seems that Origin did the 3phase part, but then decided not to do the meter connection without notifying us when Origin was advised of us moving to AGL in late October. Origin just cancelled the job, and didn’t bother to tell us. We transferred over to AGL on 8 November 2018. 

Origin are now telling us that if we return to Origin immediately, they might fast-track us on the wait list. Our preference is to stay with AGL, but if AGL can’t action this job for us urgently, then we will have no option but to go back to Origin so that this meter connection occurs and we can move back into our house. 

Please advise what needs to occur in this situation and how I can get AGL to do the meter connection urgently?? 

1 REPLY

Re: meter installation

AGL Moderator

Hi nmdore123,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here!

If you haven't already, you'll be best served addressing this issue with our Digital Metering team. You can contact them on 1300 669 245.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.