Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

correct solar connection method

Conductor

I had solar installed in Dec'16 but the bi-directional meter was not installed til Feb'17.

My account for the Dec-March quarter came in at approx 400% more than it should.

When I contacted AGL they said that this was due to the solar system not being turned on correctly.

What is the "correct" method.

If there is a document stating the correct method, where can I find it.

AGL or Ausgrid should have procedure document for this as they documents for just about everything else.

Regards Phil

3 REPLIES 3

Re: correct solar connection method

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @phil

To best answer you question, can you please send me a private message with your account details? You can use this link

Once I have your details I will be able to chat to our solar team and find out what has happened. 

Thanks! 

Highlighted

Conductor

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for your help . 

Approx 1hour after sending the pm to you, I received a call from the solutions team saying that incorrect readings had been used to calculate our bill and that a new bill will be issued.

The new amount will be approx. $360 instead of $1073  a far more realistic amount.

They probably used data from last year to revise the invoice.

So I think we can mark this one as solved.

Thanks again.

Phil

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @phil

That is great to hear - the billing team was already investigating this matter. Great to know that it has now been resolved for you! 

If you ever need anything else, please let us know. 

Thanks!