Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

charge to read faulty electric meter

Switched-on

We want our electric meter checked for any faults because our last a/c was over the top, for 2 people who have gas hot water and gas cooking.  If the meter was faulty, no charge, and I assume it would be remedied. HOWEVER.  If there was nothing wrong, we would be charge nearly $500. AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY such a huge charge, to prove an electric meter is OK. Can AGL please explain.

1 REPLY 1

Re: charge to read faulty electric meter

AGL Moderator

Hi Catnipmanor,

Great question!

These fees are known as 'pass through charges'. This is because these fees are determined by your metering coordinator, and are then charged to AGL which we then pass on to our customers for the work(s) requested. As I'm sure you can imagine, there are considerable overheads involved with sending out a trained technician to a property and performing comprehensive tests on electrical equipment. This sort of request is not dissimilar to any other trades person attending your property which of course also attracts a cost.

I'm sorry if these fees have come as a shock to you, and I'll ensure that your feedback is passed on.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.