Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Highlighted

allowing a meter reader to access the gas meter

Switched-on

Howdy, I will soon be erecting a fence on my property that may prevent access to the gas meter. How do I advise AGL that the access gate is locked and is there a special key I need to use that would allow AGL to access the meter?

1 REPLY 1

Re: allowing a meter reader to access the gas meter

AGL Moderator

Hi Buggles59,

Welcome to the Community!

AGL aren't actually responsible for reading your meter as this is the duty of the gas distributor who also supplies the gas to your area. Distributors processes around keys and locks for special access do vary slightly from area to area, however they all offer this sort of service in some capacity. We'll need you to get in touch with our Resolutions team. Contact us so that we can determine who your distributor is, and outline the specifics of how to provide them access to your property. 

Alternatively, you do have the option of providing your own meter readings in lieu of meter readings taken by your gas distributor. This can be done either by logging into your MyAccount or by downloading the AGL app!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.