Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Why do we have two electricity meter?

Switched-on

Hi everyone,

I've read that it can take up to 15 days to set up our electricity, we've just moved in to our new place as a tenant. We still have electricity from I guess the turn-over period for tenant and providers. Just wondering why do we have two electricity meters/reader?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Why do we have two electricity meter?

AGL Moderator

Hi JohnG,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

If you have electric hot water at your property then it's very likely that the second meter is in place to measure the electricity consumption for your hot water system which will run on a timer.

If you feel this isn't the case, let me know so that we can explore other possibilities!

Cheers,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Re: Why do we have two electricity meter?

Superconductor

We have just had new digital meters installed. One is an MK7A. The other is an MK10D. They are connected to our thre-phase power system. They are net meters, arranging the utilization of our solar-panel-generated electricity by the householdfirst and exporting the unused electricity to the grid. Why do I have two meters  and how do I see how much electricity is being used by our household from the solar panels and how much is going to the grid?